1. The tournament will be played according to the latest FIH Rules of Hockey. This includes the use of the proper equipment (sticks, protective equipment, caps, etc.). All players and managers will be expected to familiarize themselves with those rules.
2. For safety reasons, random equipment checks will be carried out by officials.
3. Duration of matches will be 2 x 20 minutes with a 5 min. interval.
4. Three points will be awarded for a win, one point for a draw and no points for a loss.
5. If a drawn match needs a decision, the result will be decided by penalty strokes rather than penalty shoot-outs, following the established procedures.
6. If one or more teams have an equal number of points after the pool phase, standing in the pool will be determined according to the relevant FIH rules.
7. Teams are allowed to field a maximum of 18 players in a match, provided two of them are goalkeepers or 16 players if there is only one goalkeeper. Teams wishing to bring more than 18 players should contact Jaap Quarles van Ufford (email@example.com) for a special ruling on the subject.
8. Teams are expected to bring two sets of shirts and socks of a different colour. If there is a potential problem, the “away team” will always use their second colour.
9. Players are expected to have individual shirt numbers which shall remain the same throughout the tournament. Note: each number shall appear only once in the team line-up.
10. In view of the tight schedule and the reduced playing time, there will be no extra drink breaks during matches.
11. Teams in the O60 and O65 category are allowed two underage players while the O70 and O75 teams are allowed three. These players should not be more than two years underage. This is in line with previous WGMA tournaments. Teams in desperate need of an exemption to this rule must contact Jaap Quarles van Ufford (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a special ruling.